Monday, October 10, 2022

CARD OF THE WEEK: October 10-14, 2022

 

I am taking the time I need

Goddess on the Go cards

by Amy Sophia Marashinsky with art by Melissa Harris


October 10-14, 2022: Yes, pace yourself. Give yourself plenty of time, as needed, according to your own lights. How often do we hear this advice?

Let me offer a new way of looking at this familiar counsel.

What is time? Is it only that linear progression from a discrete past through to a perceived present and onto a hoped for (or dreaded) future?

Or is there more to it? Can we complicate our awareness of it? What kind of fabric is it made of? How is it textured? Shaped and reshaped? Can we move through its dimensions freely, examine time in a multitude of ways? Can we move in and out of it?

And if this expanded sense of time is real, as is our freedom of movement, then what are we capable of perceiving, understanding, doing?

When we say, "I'm taking the time I need," what else do we mean, or can we mean?

Have a good time meditating on these questions in your new week!

******

And I swear I wrote this post long before watching the dazzling and mindlblowing Everything Everywhere All at Once! 😉


GET MORE

SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE! 

Get Eva's posts by email. Did I mention it's free? See the subscription box in the right column and never miss another CARD OF THE WEEK/WEEKEND post! 👉

CATCH UP! 

If you missed any posts or want to review a post you read, visit my updated list of posts here.

CONTACT ME!

For all of your questions and requests, see the "Contact Eva" form in the right column! 👉


No comments: