Monday, September 10, 2007

Oh, the serendipity of it all!

The beauty part about blogs is that you're allowed to figure out what it is you're doing as you go along, and readers don't seem to mind. That lends itself well to what I hope to do in hummingwitch--a nonlinear, merrily winding pathway and multi-directional, multi-dimensional portal in which the matter of Spirit will often become clothed in everyday things. At least, that's what I'm sensing now.

Part of the blame for hummingwitch must go to a fellow named Hyperion who hosts a much-admired podcast called The Unnamed Path, that features his systematic teachings on shamanic spirituality for men-who-love-men (his term). I wrote to Hyperion and asked him if he knew of any similar--meaning specific content and high quality--podcasts for lesbians. He did not, but--as I anticipated!--he took the opportunity to encourage me to set up something of the kind.

I have worked in feminist and lesbian spirituality, but while Hyperion's suggestion is wonderful, I still feel--as I felt some time ago--that I am not drawn to restricting my work to any particular group of people. I'd like it to be available to anyone who discovers it and finds it interesting, just as I have found Hyperion's work interesting. As I listen to Hyperion's podcasts, I sense a call to get my own work out more widely in the form of this blog. I have a podcast devoted to dance, and perhaps someday, I'll find the time and focus to add one for hummingwitch.

In the meantime, please feel free to visit my main Web site and my dance blog InfiniteBody (where you'll also find my dance podcast, Body and Soul). I do feel that my interests in dance and in metaphysical spirituality overlap quite beautifully. Perhaps I'll have more to say about that another time.

Every blessing,
Eva (hummingwitch)

No comments: