Saturday, April 16, 2022

CARD OF THE WEEKEND: APRIL 16-17, 2022

 

 Father of Cups

The Wild Unknown Tarot

by Kim Krans

 

April 16-17, 2022: Kim Krans's Father of Cups (King of Cups in conventional Tarot) speaks to me of my own late dad, born under the sensitive water sign of Pisces. We shared the same birthdate number, six months apart. And he was noted for precisely the qualities Krans' highlights in her Father of Cups--support and diplomacy. I'm going to take things a step further, since the animal Krans chose for this image is a black swan. You actually don't want to go messing with a lovely swan thinking, "Oh, what a sweet, gentle, elegant being!" Swans can quickly spring into action to protect their territory and their young.

Tarot's kings always speak to me of the past, of history. This might be a good weekend for reflecting on highlights of your own history, seeing what continues to influence and shape you and your life path, for better or for worse. Cups indicate emotions, relationships, and creative energies. So, that might give you a clue about how this father/king might play out in your past, present, and potential.

In my case, my birth father--I had a stepfather, too--lived a life of service to others, dedicated to family, always there with his time and energy, striving to understand and support. I have to watch how those tendencies in myself, though admirable in a human, can go overboard.

It's a good weekend for journaling or, if writing stuff down is just not your thing, use other forms of creative expression to source and explore memories and the insights they raise.

A religious, family-oriented weekend for many, it's also a great weekend for ancestral work with ancestral messages and affirmations flowing easily.

****** 

I've offered this before and did not get responses, but I want to try again:

Do you have a particular Tarot or other oracle card that you'd like to me explore and write about in the hummingwitch way?

Just email a good, clear jpg photo of your card to hummingwitch@gmail.com, and I'll incorporate its message, one way or another, into one of these posts. Let me know if you'd prefer your submission to be anonymous.

Thanks!

******

Catch up with updated CARD OF THE DAY posts here: https://hummingwitch.blogspot.com/2022/03/catch-up-with-any-featured-card-you.html

"Contact Eva" form to the right! 👉 👉 👉 

Subscribe to get Eva's posts by email! 👉 👉 👉

No comments: