Saturday, May 7, 2022

CARDS OF THE WEEKEND: May 7-8, 2022

 




I am choosing to see my challenges as my Highest Good.

I am a complete success.

I am in love with the adventure of life.

Goddess on the Go

by Amy Sophia Marashinsky with art by Melissa Harris

 

May 7-8, 2022: The humans in these three cards of affirmation from Goddess on the Go all appear to be holding on for dear life in the midst of dynamic natural forces. They're not afraid, though. All are here for the ride!

Some of you may have come to that place of willing mind and heart after dealing with the turbulence of Tarot's Tower card, our card of the outgoing week. So, let's look at each of these three Goddess cards in turn, and see how their messages could support your development in times of extraordinary change.

I am choosing to see my challenges as my Highest Good: Volatile weather blows up the atmosphere around you; you quickly grasp hold of the branch of a tree. Of course, trees themselves are often vulnerable in a windstorm, but you're doing the best you can with what you're able to reach in that moment so you won't be swept away!

Look around and find something that can protect, ground, and sustain you until the immediate conditions ease up. Amy Sophia Marashinsky's affirmation suggests that challenges can open the door to a better self, and I'm reminded of some exquisite wisdom from Zen teacher Zenju Earthlyn Manuel in a recent dharma talk: 

Trouble is transformation.

Trouble is deep initiation.


I am a complete success. A Ralph Waldo Emerson essay counsels the reader to "hitch your wagon to a star." I can't help but think of that expression as I look at this card. The person here has latched onto to a shooting star and, to use another old expression, "is really going places!" The star is already in motion in the right direction. So, choosing people, places, and things wisely and well and making the right connection(s) will make every difference in your outcome as the forces of change sweep staleness away. 

Looking at the affirmation itself, I would add that "success" will be one thing for one person, another thing for someone else. It's defined and appears in different forms according to an individual's values, aspirations, and strategies. Do not measure yourself against anyone else's desires and outcomes. Focus on bringing your own dreams to life in your own way. And, when they manifest, celebrate, 'cause you did that!

I am in love with the adventure of life. There you are, riding that swift horse with determination and joy as it streaks through the sky! You're making things happen, going after what you want. Instead of fearing change and feeling mastered by it, you're making change work for you. Exciting!

****** 

Do you have a particular Tarot or other oracle card that you'd like to me explore and write about in the hummingwitch way?

Just email a good, clear jpg photo of your card to hummingwitch@gmail.com, and I'll incorporate its message, one way or another, into one of these posts. Let me know if you'd prefer your submission to be anonymous.

Thanks!

******

Catch up with updated CARD OF THE DAY posts here: https://hummingwitch.blogspot.com/2022/03/catch-up-with-any-featured-card-you.html

"Contact Eva" form to the right! ๐Ÿ‘‰ ๐Ÿ‘‰ ๐Ÿ‘‰ 

Subscribe to get Eva's posts by email! ๐Ÿ‘‰ ๐Ÿ‘‰ ๐Ÿ‘‰

No comments: