Friday, January 14, 2022

CARD OF THE DAY: January 14, 2022

 


Two of Swords

from World Spirit Tarot

by Madame Onca O'Leary, Lauren O'Leary, and Jessica Godino

 

January 14, 2022: My Barbados-born dad was a smart guy--and a pretty open-minded one. He taught me some of the best lessons in my young life. One was this: "You have to learn the rules so you can break them."

I remember this often when I think of the basic ingredients that went into my headfirst dive into writing from childhood. It applies to my work with Tarot, too. I don't claim to know everything--for one thing, I am far from a learned Tarot historian--but I do respect the basic structure of the art, and I do enjoy having its basics and traditions close to hand when needed.

Today's card--Two of Swords--comes from World Spirit Tarot. It's a knockout. Such a clear, strong, dynamic image! Not all of the World Spirit images are great; in fact, a lot are murky, visually and in other ways. But this one really captures a sense of being imperiled by conflicting thoughts and impulses within oneself.

What it might not do, though--with its so specific imagery, unlike, say, a more abstract pip--is speak to your facing an external conflict like a disagreement with a co-worker, an argument with a relative, a tough practical choice that goes against your needs or values. Hey, even a literal fistfight!

That's when it helps to be able to know and remember some basic ideas and details that might not be visually represented in the style of the particular Tarot or oracle card you've drawn.

Basically (no pun), learn as much about the cards as you can in whatever way you can--and there are many. In a future post--perhaps the one for this coming weekend--I'll write about how meditating with any card can enrich your understanding of it.

For today, consider what this card might suggest for the need to get out of your own way. How are your own thoughts, ideas, and ways of communicating holding you back or tripping you up? How can you open up your awareness and stop fighting yourself?

****** 

Catch up with updated CARD OF THE DAY posts here: https://hummingwitch.blogspot.com/2021/11/a-good-weekend-to-catch-up-with-our.html

"Contact Eva" form to the right! 👉 👉 👉 

Subscribe to get Eva's posts by email! 👉 👉 👉

No comments: