Friday, November 26, 2021

CARD OF THE DAY: November 26, 2021

 


Two of Wands

from The Gendron Tarot

by Melanie Gendron


November 26, 2021: In Tarot collecting and use, aesthetic appeal means a lot to me. The Gendron Tarot, a deck I haven't opened to look at in many years, might have been acquired as a review copy. It has few images I enjoy, and I never used it much.

It "somehow" came to hand this morning. I found myself gazing at the Two of Wands and then carefully searching through the rest of the deck to see if I could find other cards whose images appealed to me. There were maybe a few, and none compared to the Two of Wands.

In the Gendron Two of Wands, I like the gentle, warm profile of the God/dess figure and the way the two wands nestle in this figure's left arm as the hands cup around the floating globe of Earth. In the hazy background, there is a stretch of seashore and distant mountains; in the foreground, tiger lilies, one or two tucked behind the God/dess's left ear.

The God/dess eyes the globe, calmly and lovingly, and the image suggests a confident energy healer at work. The feeling is one of reassurance--and don't we all need that as we think of every pain and threat our planet is going through? Earth could use an embrace, a healing touch, a transmission of gracious energy at this time.

Think of it like Stevie Wonder--here I go again with a song!--singing about how "Love's in need of love today" and "Don't delay/send yours in right away."

How about it? A prayer today (and/or a little Reiki, if you're into that) for our precious Earth home.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: