Tuesday, November 9, 2021

CARD OF THE DAY: November 9, 2021

 


 The Fool

from Elizabeth Josephine Gill's The Gill Tarot

 

November 9, 2021:

The Fool: As depicted by Elizabeth Josephine Gill in The Gill Tarot, this Fool is a happy-go-lucky charmer with a spry little, bushy-tailed ride-or-die dog on the alert. Both are energetic and adorable, and it's hard to not want to dance right off that ledge with The Fool.

So energetic is this particular Fool, that they (let me not gender this figure out of assumptions) were ready for me when I opened this deck after many, many years of not consulting it. It's one of my earliest decks, used frequently--and, then, not at all. I think I own in excess of 100 divination decks, not all strictly Tarot.

When I went to shuffle the Gill, I discovered that The Fool card was already turned outward, facing me, unlike all the other cards. It was kind of a Hello!

When I shuffled the deck and drew a card at random...well, you can guess. It was my friend, again right there, popping up to greet me. Tarot can be way amusing.

Or maybe it was more like, "Hey, lady! You're not getting rid of me that easily!" 

Considering that The Fool is, literally, the first card of 78 in a standard Tarot deck, it's kind of the ambassador, you know? I think this deck missed me.

For today, consider releasing into Play mode and allowing yourself to just be. Moving with The Fool means trust--primarily trusting yourself--and going with the flow of bodymindspirit. The Fool knows when the time is right to trust yourself and the underlying purpose of the playfulness of Spirit. Many good things can come of this, but it's not the time to think about what it can produce. Just be with it!

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: