Wednesday, December 22, 2021

CARDS OF THE DAY: December 22, 2021

 




 The Dove and Hathor

from The Anubis Oracle

by Nicki Scully and Linda Star Wolf with art by Kris Waldherr

 

December 22, 2021: The gentle innocence of The Dove in flight connects with the motherly benevolence of Egyptian goddess Hathor in this pair of cards for today from the 35-card Anubis Oracle by the team of Nicki Scully, Linda Star Wolf, and Kris Waldherr. What is young (not necessarily in years) or new or untried and in need of care and protection?

In reading cards, I sometimes find myself drawn to a specific element in the imagery above all others. In this case, Hathor's impressive, dual-toned, sun/moon goblet stands out for me. Gold above, silver below...or...how about flipping it so it's silver above, gold below? And look how Hathor makes it simply float around in the charged air!

In this oracular encounter, Hathor offers The Dove magical alternatives, I believe, and says, "There is no way you can choose wrong."

These things are different but equally acceptable, and they can change, if need be.

In a conventional Tarot deck, Cups cards reversed can often signal, in my view, a refusal: I do not want what is offered. Or, I have no capacity for more. Or, I am finished and want no more. I am not open to receiving.

But here in the Anubis Oracle, Hathor's goblet is always upright, no matter which way you turn the card. Take another look at it, and take that message in.

If we were sitting together, or even doing a Zoom session, I'd probably turn the card reversed and upright and reversed and upright until you got the message you need or got dizzy, whichever came first.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: